PSYCHOLOGICAL / MENTAL HEALTH CARE
Cook Behavioral Health has been helping individuals and families in the Fort Wayne, Indiana area for over 16 years. We offer a comprehensive selection of services including counseling, psychological testing, diagnostic assessment, cognitive behavioral therapy, dialectical behavioral therapy, evidence based trauma treatment (EMDR & DBT PE), adult, adolescent, and child outpatient services, and more. We collaborate with other providers and family doctors on your behalf, as appropriate.
Our providers have more than 30 years of combined experience and specialize in working appreciatively and collaboratively with individuals, adolescents, couples, and families in Fort Wayne, Allen County, and adjacent area. They provide a confidential, caring, and safe environment for patients dealing with a wide range of life challenges and concerns. They work with a wide variety of issues affecting both women and men, including issues affecting singles, couples, and family groups. Medication services are referred to our collaborative partners in the community.
- Individual, family counseling for children, adolescents, and adults
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), a multimodal treatment including a group therapy componant.
- Psychological testing, diagnostic and clinical assessment, trauma assessments, hearsay evaluations, bariatric assessment, neuropsychological assessment, and biofeedback. We provide these services for all age groups as appropriate
- Clinical supervision and consultation services for other providers, including behavioral specialists
Treatment specialization includes:
- Treatment is centered in cognitive behavioral therapy, within eclectic use of interventions individually tailored to meet each client’s needs
- Specialization in treating post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and associated disorders like Dissociative Identity Disorder, Panic Disorder, Generalized Anxiety and Mood disorders. We offer EMDR and Prolonged Exposure (both forms of evidence based trauma treatment). These treatments are effective for individuals suffering from impact of complex trauma, including symptoms of depersonalization and dissociation.
- We also specialize in treating personality disorders and disorders of emotional dysregulation with intensive training in Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) which has proven effective for individuals who have not been successful in other modes of care, and with other mental health providers.
- Clinically trained to address self-injury and suicidality, emotion dysregulation, interpersonal difficulties, and other at-risk behaviors with DBT-informed treatment and other clinically appropriate interventions.
- We are proficient in helping individuals manage anxieties, worries, and life stress related to Stress management with parenting issues, relationships, blended family struggles, and other life stressors.
- We are trained in and able to treat depression, anxiety, trauma, grief and loss, life transitions, relationship struggles, and self-esteem.
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EDMR) treatment
Below is a partial list of capabilities in which the team at Cook Behavioral Health is either certified or has received specific or on-going training:
- Anxiety Disorder
- Bariatric Assessment
- Bi-Polar Disorder
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Couples/Marriage Therapy
- Dissociative Identity Disorder
- Family Therapy
- Grief Counseling
- Group Therapy
- Life Adjustments
- Mindfulness/Meditation Training
- Mood Disorders
- Multicultural Issues
- Obesity Assessment/Counseling
- Panic Disorder
- Parenting Skills
- Physically Impaired Patients
- Post-Partum Depression
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Self-Regulation/impulse control
- Somatic Experiencing/EMDR
- Stress Management
- Substance Use (comorbid)
Jason Cook, PsyD
Dr. Jason Cook is a licensed clinical Health Service Provider in Psychology in the state of Indiana. He has 19 years of experience in his field. He has practiced as a clinical psychologist in his private practice Cook Behavioral Health (in active operation for 15 years) and at a local community mental health center. He has extensive training in behavioral and cognitive-behavioral therapeutic approaches. He has worked with individuals with behavioral and developmental disorders. He has been trained in Dialectical Behavior Therapy treating people with complex trauma, as well as personality disorders and chronic mental health conditions. For the last 10 years, he has been involved in an internship program at supervising doctoral and postdoctoral interns. Further, he has been involved in research projects with the NIMH and has given presentations/lectures, on DBT, DBT PE, attachment disorders, marriage and family relationships, personality disorders and overcoming depression and anxiety, in community and professional settings in the state of Indiana.
Adrianne Wright, MA, LMHC
Adrianne has a Master’s of Counseling with a specialization in Forensic Psychology and is a Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC). She has been practicing in the field for over 5 years. Adrianne has worked extensively with individuals of all ages, couples, and families in a variety of settings. She has training in EMDR, DBT, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, and motivational interviewing which she integrates into care with her clients. Adrianne strives to serve individuals who suffer with many different types of mental health concerns.
Please feel free to access The Latrice Release, a mental health vlog with information, skills, and tips related to mental health from a licensed mental health professional. Mental health is health and You deserve to be healthy.
Adrianne’s mental health Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/alwtharelease/
Adrianne’s mental health TikTok: https://vm.tiktok.com/TTPdumLy2s/
Chase Parnell, MA, LMHC
Chase Parnell is a mental health therapist (LMHCA) with 4 years of experience in the field. He previously worked with a non-profit company that provides therapeutic services to those in need. He has experience helping individuals with various mental health issues, such as anger, trauma, depression, anxiety and personality disorders. He has worked with couples, teenagers and children 6 and older. Chase has a passion for helping people grow and develop independent skills for managing a multitude of stressors and mental health concerns. He utilizes Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Positive Psychology Interventions, anger management techniques and emotion-based therapy interventions. He has received training in TF-CBT and is currently in the process of being approved in EMDR for trauma treatment.
Naomi C. Rainwater, MS, LMFTA, CSAYC
Naomi Rainwater has a Master of Science in Marriage and Family Therapy and is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist Associate (LMFTA). Naomi has extensive experience working with individuals and families in crisis as she has worked in the helping field for 15 years. She has been a therapist for five of those years. Naomi specializes in treating complex PTSD and sexually maladaptive behaviors in youth and adolescents. Naomi holds a certification in Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT) and is a Certified Sexual Abusive Youth Clinician (CSAYC). Naomi has training in EMDR, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), DBT-PE, and Motivational Interviewing. Naomi enjoys working with individuals of all ages, couples, and families. Naomi prides herself on building a safe and nurturing therapeutic relationship with each person she works with.
Cara Passmore, MSW, LSW
Cara Passmore has a master’s degree in Social Work and is a Licensed Social Worker (LSW). She graduated from the University of Pittsburgh in 2018 with her MSW and mental health certificate. Cara has experience working with individuals and families across the lifespan. Cara has been a therapist for four years and specializes in treating complex PTSD, attachment, and grief /loss. Cara is trained in Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR), Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT), Sand Play Therapy, Family Centered Treatment (FCT), and Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT). Cara enjoys working with individuals of all ages, including couples and families. Cara enjoys exploring layers with clients to assist in the healing process. Cara provides a safe and empathic environment, while meeting clients where they are at.
Rebecca Bohn, MSW, LSW
Rebecca graduated in May 2020, with a Master of Social Work from Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis. She is a Licensed Social Worker (LSW) and has been working in supervised private practice settings for two years after completing internships in inpatient and community mental health settings. Rebecca is currently completing the requirements to become a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW). Rebecca works with adult individuals and couples. She is passionate about helping her clients heal from childhood and toxic relationship trauma to break unhealthy patterns in life. Rebecca mainly utilizes a psychodynamic therapy approach while incorporating components of several therapeutic interventions that include Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Trauma Focused CBT, and Internal Family Systems Therapy. Rebecca is currently training in The Gottman Method Couples Therapy (Level One), EMDR, DBT, and DBT-PE.
Clinical Support Staff
Kate, Administrative Director
Belinda, Intake Specialist
Hannah, Payroll Specialist
7230 Engle Rd STE 304, Fort Wane, IN 46804
Fax: (260) 222-0003